Our Washington County client is looking for a motivated, friendly individual to join their team as a Universal Banker. Ideally, candidate will have knowledge of both teller and opening new account transactions as well as operational functions of the branch. As a Universal Banker you promote business by providing exceptional customer service, referring and cross-selling appropriate bank products and services. Must be able to communicate effectively both in person and over the phone. This position is permanent but our client would consider someone temporarily if candidate prefers.
- Performs teller duties and organizes balances and proofs cash daily to maintain accurate account transactions processed. Supports the relationship of the bank culture. Identifies payees and verifies signatures and endorsements.
- Attracts and retains customer relationships by extending a courteous greeting in person or by phone and by providing accurate and timely customer service which includes, but not limited to: cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, handling loan payments, processing savings withdrawals within established guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs personal banker duties, opens a variety of accounts, verifies and processes changes to existing accounts, answers customer questions, and resolves related account problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Answers customer telephone inquiries promptly and professionally and provides accurate information in accordance with bank policies and procedures.
- Promotes bank products and services by identifying customer needs and suggesting appropriate products and services to solidify and enhance customer account relationships.
- Stays current on applicable banking regulations and security procedures and practices to prevent fraud or other bank losses and to comply with regulatory requirements.
Schedule for this position is 8:15a - 5pm Monday through Friday with 4 hours one Saturday a month. Then would have off one day during the week.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
- One year account opening experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in learning new software applications
- Ability to deal sensitively with highly confidential information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for numbers
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Sales Skills
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills