Our Hartford client is looking for a responsible Shipping and Receiving Inspector to check the quality of all incoming and outgoing material, verify dimensions and tolerances, fill out and properly file relevant paperwork. For this position, the work environment is approximately 50-50 split between in office paperwork duties and on floor inspection.
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies.
- Accurately measure incoming and outgoing material
- Maintain records of inspections.
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
- Maintain organized files of receiving paperwork both hardcopy and digital
- Process receiving and shipping paperwork.
- Ability to use basic measuring tools (tape measures and calipers)
- Good computer skills, able to easily use scanners, upload and transfer files, etc.
- Able to use MS Office products including Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to bend/kneel/sit stand for extended periods of time
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Previous weld inspection or PT/MT experience
- Previous forklift or overhead crane use experience
This position is 1st shift with a schedule starting at 6a - 4:30p (Monday through Thursday) BUT client can be somewhat flexible with schedule and work 8a - 4:30p.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Computer Skills