Our Washington County client is looking for a Service Writer Receptionist to join their team.
This is for a clean and friendly auto repair shop.
Must be able to work Monday-Friday. Hours preferred are 7am-5p with a 1 hour unpaid lunch (45hrs a week) but are flexible with the finish time being between 4p and 5p.
Willing to train if you are willing to learn!
Service Writer Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Work with customers
- Responsible for all stages of the repair order process
- Process warranties and returns
- Communicate with technicians
- Provide customers with information about part options
- Advise customers about warranty protections and potential cost savings
- Develop cost estimates, logging needed parts, and time needed for repairs, scheduling most appropriate service technicians for jobs.
- Conveying all necessary information regarding costs, parts and work to the customers and management
- Updating technicians on parts, customer approvals to keep a steady workflow in the shop.
- Contacting customers in the case of additional work to relay the details and extra costs
- Manage inventory
- Listen carefully to customer descriptions and assess the vehicle to determine the best repair plan.
- Advise the customer on the auto repairs that you recommend and offer a pricing quote
- Communicate with parts sellers and technicians to make sure everything needed is on hand.
- Provide updates to customers as their work is completed.
- Answer detailed questions about services performed and price information
- Maintain customer records
- Schedule appointments via phone and/or in person
- Assisting with other duties and projects as needed
Bilingual is a plus!
Training in automotive maintenance or repair is preferred but not required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Customer service skills
Basic math comprehension
Understanding of auto mechanics and the ability to identify appropriate repairs for vehicle problems is preferred but not required
Ability to break down complicated automotive or industry topics into understandable advice meant for customer understanding
Computer and data-entry skills
Organizational and record-keeping skills
Ability to stand, walk, sit and lift up to 25lbs
Have a teamwork mindset in the workplace and accept feedback
Understand the typical format of company schedules to manage time efficiently
Ability to multitask, work in high-stress settings
Must be able to work roughly 40-45 hours a week.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills
- Math Aptitude