Our client in the Oconomowoc area is looking for an experienced Operator to join their 2nd shift team! As an Operator, you will be responsible for producing parts using a press, look at work instructions/job routing to ensure a quality finished product. Using a variety of measurement tools, looks at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
Essential duties include:
- Determines operating procedures from work instructions/job routing and/or blueprints.
- Operates press and understands and performs basic press controls. Operates continuous and single stroke applications.
- Monitors machines and understands the mechanics of pressing machines to identify malfunctions. Makes sure machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well maintained and perform periodic checks on output. Notifies set-up operator or lead of any concerns.
- Meets quality expectations by regularly inspecting product to ensure they meet the specifications.
- Perform basic measurements using calipers and micrometer.
- Adhere to all safety standards and regulations, which includes regular machine maintenance and keeping a clean work area and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Document and file daily production results.
- May operate forklift.
- Performs other duties and requested.
Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and other manufacturing instructions. Keen attention to detail is required and understanding of CAD/CAM technology preferred. This position also requires standing, walking, lifting, bending at the waist, crouching and climbing of steps. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs regularly from floor level and back to move materials and finished product around the press.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Math Aptitude