Our Hartford area client is looking for a Mechanical Assembler to assemble larger, heavier and more complicated equipment.
As a Mechanical Assembler, you are responsible for sub-assembly or complete assembly of one or more lines of equipment. One will assemble a wide variety of equipment, including larger complex products, adhering to a specified set of blueprints.
- Read blueprints and verify the parts required prior to assembly. Manage parts inventory, ensuring that sufficient quantities are available and notifying the supervisor or purchasing when they run low.
- Fasten components to form assemblies or sub-assemblies, using hand tools. Position and align larger or heavier components manually or using a hoist as needed. Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications.
- Remove rough spots and smooth surfaces to fit, trim or clean parts, using hand tools or power tools. Inform supervisor of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Maintain and lubricate parts and components as specified.
- Inspect, operate and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to specifications.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
At least 5 years of assembly or mechanical experience is required
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Steel Toed Boots
- Math Aptitude
- Mechanical Aptitude