Our Waukesha County area client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their team! As the Manufacturing Engineer you will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods by utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication process, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes, with emphasis on standardized work.
- Work closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
- Serve as a cross functional member of the New Product Development team, with a role to optimize the manufacturing process and foster a robust process and Bill of Manufacture.
- Develop and implement standard packaging requirements.
- Employ continuous improvement lean tools and lead teams to implement Kanban, SMED, VSM, Kaizen, 5S, etc. and Lean methods in numerous areas.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environment's.
- Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential and documents through manufacturing standards.
- Collaborate with design engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Confer with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts or material purchase, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the R&D and quality assurance functions.
- Provide engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Applies statistical methods including Design of Experiments to estimate future manufacturing requirements, improvements and potential. Employ solving techniques, such as 8D and other root cause analysis techniques.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and 2 years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
Manufacturing engineering experience within an Assembly environment a plus.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to top management, internal and external customers in a professional manner.
CAD/Pro E experience.
Ability to grasp modern technology.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Customer Service
- Computer Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude