Our Hartford area client is looking for an Industrial Painter to join their team on 1st shift.
As an Industrial Painter, you will be under minimal supervision, preparing parts and sub-assemblies for painting. You will set up and prepare a hand held spray gun to ensure paint coverage on metal parts as they pass through the paint booth on a conveyor line. You will also maintain tools and equipment, checking for worn parts on spray guns to ensure proper function.
- Operate spray equipment to paint/coat metal parts efficiently to ensure that products going out the door have a quality finish that meets company specifications. This includes hanging parts on the paint line.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and keeping the work area clean.
- Read job orders and inspect parts to determine procedures and materials required.
- Responsible for mixing and cleanup of paint in compliance with all company safety and environmental policies at all times.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems on the paint line or with equipment.
- Maintain production rates and quality standards.
- Assist as needed in cleaning and preparing parts for painting.
- Wear and care for PPE including, but not limited to, eye protection, gloves, respirators if needed, and protective suits.
- May be assigned to other work depending on production needs.
Pay rate is based on experience
Good Math Skills
Good at Problem Solving
Ability to operate hand tools
Visual acuity and ability to differentiate between colors
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and operate a hoist for heavier items
Must be able to bend, reach and stoop occasionally as well as stand for long periods of time
Minimum of 1 year experience in industrial wet painting or other manufacturing work is also required.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Steel Toed Boots
- Mechanical Aptitude