Our Hartford client is looking to add a couple highly motivated, self-driven and results oriented individuals to join their team! As an assembler you will be responsible for assembly of electronic circuit boards, routine systems, and sub-assemblies from start to finish. Main duties include panel wiring harness assembly, setting up and performing in process and final testing using standard test procedures, fixtures and equipment. Will use hand or pneumatic tools and machinery.
Essential Duties Include:
- Performs all skill levels required as an assembler.
- Enters basic data related to job functions into a computer for time slip record keeping purposes.
- Verifies that correct components have been issued from stock for assigned work orders.
- Determines assembly sequence of parts and sub-assemblies from blueprints, assembly drawings, or production documentation. Cuts, crimps, and assembles of wire harness assemblies from start to finish. Sets up assembly fixtures and tools as needed.
- Hand solders wires for assembly.
- Prepares boards for coating, such as masking and hot gluing where necessary.
- Examines and tests circuit boards for using automated test equipment. Documents failures following proper procedures.
- Assembles standardized units for customers orders from start to finish utilizing verbal as well as written documentation. Final tests and inspects units using automated test equipment.
- Insures quality of product.
- Operates power tools, both mechanical and pneumatic. Occasionally operates a drill press.
- Trains co-workers relating to job functions.
- Packages units for shipping.
- Keeps work area neat and orderly.
Proficient with MS Office
Ability to operate power tools, both mechanical and pneumatic.
Proficiency in hand soldering.
High manual dexterity, ability to handle small components or parts.
Must be physically fit to lift/move up to 35 pounds
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Computer Skills
- Math Aptitude
- Mechanical Aptitude