Our Germantown client is looking for a Welder to join their 1st and 2nd shift team.
As a Welder, you are responsible for:
- Set up, fit-up and position material
- Setup welder
- Tack or finish weld assemblies or weldments of standard and related designs where procedures are usually outlined and set-ups are approved, make minor decisions as to procedures, set ups and course of action
- Make fit-up as directed by grinding, cutting, bending, torching, etc.
- Work from BOM, verbal instructions and ordinary assembly drawings
- Maintain consistent quality and weld tolerances throughout job while meeting production standards
- Operate welding equipment such as acetylene torch, burning table, mig, spot and stud welders
- Use scale, square and direct read equipment to make set up and in-process inspection as charted in Q/C manual, work is subject to set up and last piece inspection
- Perform related work as assigned (grind or dress welds)
- Do simple replacement of consumables such as tips, cups, gas and wire
- Perform minor or routine weld equipment maintenance as directed
- Operate fork truck, crane or other material handling equipment to move or position material
- Procedures outlined, setups approved, requires the use of judgment to comply with instructions, follow prescribed methods and make minor decisions as to set ups, operations and processes.
1st shift: 7a-3p Monday through Friday
2nd shift: 3p-1a Monday through Thursday
Pay is based on experience starting at $13/hr.
Contact us today!!
3-5 years experience with welding and fit-up, knowledge of welding technology, procedures and practices, and material characteristics
Able to certify to ASME IX and military weld standard #248 C
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Steel Toed Boots
- Math Aptitude
- Mechanical Aptitude