Our client in the Hartford area is looking for a ROBOTIC WELDER who can use hand-welding equipment to weld, join metal components or to fill seams of fabricated metal products.
- Perform setup and position welding on a standard and repetitive line using prescribed procedures
- Select and setup welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
- Examine weld during the welding process; observe problems with the weld and adjust the speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the wire or rod.
- Work with a variety of materials in addition to steel, as needed.
- Lift heavy objects and work in a variety of awkward positions, while bending, stooping or standing to perform work overhead.
Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Ability to operate numerically controlled machines and enter data into computer station.
Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Reliable and can problem solve.
Use of rule and gauges.
The position is originally for 1st shift but the client is open to 2nd. 1st shift 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday. 2nd shift 3:30p to 1:00am Monday thru Thursday and 3:30pm to 7:30pm Fridays.
Willing to send someone to welding boot camp if at least high school training.
Requires a knowledge of welding principles and techniques.
Ideally 6 months to 1 year related experience.
Open order...if qualified, contact us with work history and salary requirements.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Steel Toed Boots