Our Germantown client is looking for a Painter/Helper.
As a Painter/Helper, you will prepare parts, paints, coatings, paint booths for daily work, apply prepared paints for coating (usually primers), visually inspect coatings for defects and clean and maintain spraying equipment, booths and related equipment.
- Mix paints and coatings (oil base, water base, high solids, epoxy, lacquer, air dry and bake) to proper viscosity for spraying as directed by supervisor
- Fill spray tanks and adjust air pressures to obtain required finish, coverage and economy
- Operate paint booth
- Apply prepared paints and coatings to products where a quality primer or first coat is usually required
- May apply texture coat finish, set up usually made by others
- Visually inspect products for proper surface preparation (cleaning, drying, undercoating, sanding, masking) to insure quality of finish
- Prepare product and repair coatings as directed
- Clean and maintain spraying equipment, spray booth and related equipment in a clean, operating and safe condition
- Perform related work as assigned (sanding, cleaning, hanging parts on conveyor, masking)
- Record usage of all coatings and solvents sprayed
- Operate fork truck, crane or other material handling equipment to move or position material
- Procedures outlined, setups approved, requires the use of some judgment to comply with instructions, follow prescribed methods and make minor decisions as to set ups, operations and processes.
1st shift: 7am-3pm Monday through Friday
2nd shift: 3pm-1am Monday through Thursday
6-12 months experience are required to perform work, become familiar with equipment, methods and attain production proficiency.
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- Mechanical Aptitude